YOUR Y AT HOME: ACTIVE OLDER ADULT RESOURCES & ACTIVITIES
Our buildings are closed but we are still here for you! We're searching the web to bring you the very best activities, resources and videos compiled with you in mind! We’ll update this page often with new ideas and resources, so please check back!
VIRTUAL MUSEUM TOURS: Have you ever wanted to see the Guggenheim or visit the National Museum in New Dehli? Thanks to Google Arts & Culture, you can explore the great art collections from all over the world without leaving your home!
NASA AT HOME: Let NASA bring the universe into your home with activities and discoveries for kids & families, virtual tours, videos and so much more!
- 211 - 211 connects you with thousands of nonprofit and government services in your area. Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- LEAVEN Warm Line - If you are feeling alone, anxious or want to connect with another person, don’t hesitate to call the Emotional CPR Warmline at LEAVEN who have trained ‘every day people’ who want to listen to what you are going through.
- Call 920.931.2572
- Monday 9:00 AM-8:00 PM
- Tuesday-Friday 9:00 AM-4:00 PM
- ADVOCAP Lunch Meals - available to pick up at Hearthside Apartments in Neenah, 210 Haylett Street. Meals can also be delivered to anyone over the age of 60.
- Reservations can be made at the site or by calling 920.450.5122 at least 24 hours in advance.
- Suggested donation is $3.50.
STAY CONNECTED WITH FRIENDS & FAMILY: Self-quarantine doesn't mean isolation. Use your phone, tablet or computer to stay connected to your loved ones, or enjoy a virtual cup of coffee with a friend!
- FaceTime is a great tool to use with iPhones and iPads
- Google Duo can be use on either Apple or Android devices, or on your computer
KEEP A HEALTHY SPIRIT & MIND:
- Practice Meditation - Find some space and kindness for yourself during this uncertain time
- Read - Winnefox Library System serves libraries in Fond du Lac, Green Lake, Marquette, Waushara and Winnebago counties, and offers both online books and audiobooks
STAY ACTIVE: Exercise in the comfort of your own home with these online fitness classes.
- SilverSneakers On-Demand - SilverSneakers members get access to an exclusive video library of workouts, wellness videos and exercise programs designed by their top instructors
- Y360 - Whether it's a current Y favorite or something new to you, YMCA 360 matches your lifestyle with a growing library of online videos for you
- My Y Virtual YouTube Channel - Led by PMA-certified Pilates instructor, certified Breathwork facilitator and Clinical Qigong practitioner, Tutu Mora (Dorothy) gently guides people to reconnect with themselves and their intuition so they feel more empowered to guide their own lives