OUR DOORS ARE OPEN FOR Y MEMBERS!
COVID-19 ACTION PLAN: HOW THE YMCA OF THE FOX CITIES STAFF AND MEMBERS WILL WORK TOGETHER TO DEFEND AGAINST THE SPREAD OF VIRUSES.
Until further notice, face coverings will be required in all YMCA of the Fox Cities locations.
PHASE 1 UPDATES:
BEGINNING JUNE 8:
- Gymnasiums will be open on a reservation basis. Families of any size can reserve a hoop, and anyone 13 and older can reserve a hoop, for up to 2 people. Please bring your own equipment for gym sports.
- Pickleball will be available at designated times. For more information contact the Member Services desk. Please bring your own equipment (pickleball nets will be provided).
- Racquetball will be available on a reservation basis. Maximum of 2 players per court.
- Group Exercise classes will begin with a limited schedule and require a reservation that can be made up to 2 days in advance. Instructions for reservations are available online or stop at the Member Services Desk for more information.
- Important Reminders:
- Please bring your own water bottle.
- Please bring a yoga mat for yoga classes.
- Please bring your own equipment for use during open gym including basketballs, volleyballs, soccer balls, etc.
- Pickleball times do not require a reservation, however, no more than 4 players will be allowed on the court. Please bring your own equipment and the Y will provide the net.
- While waiting for your reservation, we ask that you please social distance on benches, chairs or bleachers.
BEGINNING JUNE 1:
- Members must maintain a minimum of 6 feet apart for physical distancing throughout the Y.
- It is strongly recommended that Members and Staff wear a mask, especially in common areas.
- Members and staff should sanitize hands upon entering and prior to leaving the building.
- The Y has implemented additional cleaning protocols and secured recommended disinfectants/sanitizers to help keep equipment and facilities as clean as possible for our members.
- Plexiglass barriers have been installed at the Member Services Desk.
- Members must disinfect all equipment before and after use and will be provided a workout towel throughout their visit to assist with wiping down equipment.
- Wellness Centers will be open and will meet social distance requirements.
- Lap swim will be available through online reservations only and can be made up to 2 days in advance. Instructions are available online or stop at the member services desk for more information.
- Common gathering spaces and equipment are modified to promote social distancing.
- Locker rooms will be available for use. (Check with your branch on availability).
- Saunas, steam rooms and whirlpools will not be available during phase 1.
- Drinking fountains will be unavailable, please bring your own water bottle. Automatic bottle filling stations will be available.
- Towel Service, Locker/Laundry Service and Coffee Service have all been suspended indefinitely.
- The Y will limit staff contact with members and encourages online transactions whenever possible.
- Facility use will only be for members during our initial phases of re-opening. The Y will be unable to honor guest passes or sell day passes until further notice.
- All youth members under age 13 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Licensed Play and Learn will be available at the Appleton YMCA.
- Licensed Play and Learn at Apple Creek YMCA will open in a later phase.
- Kids Corner will open in a later phase of re-opening at the Fox West YMCA, Heart of the Valley YMCA and Neenah-Menasha YMCA.
- The family play areas will not be open for use unless you are participating in a program.
- Virtual Fitness Classes will continue to be offered.
- Summer School Age, Day Camps and Overnight Camp Nan A Bo Sho will be running this summer. Please check ymcafoxcities.org for more information.
- If you received a credit on your account due to a childcare, school age or program cancellation, this credit will be applied to any upcoming fees on your account. At the time the credit is applied, you will receive an email stating how much of the credit was used and on which fees.
UPDATE SUMMER REGISTRATION
The Summer Session Registration, scheduled to begin May 4, 2020, has been postponed. We will provide additional program registration information and updates as it becomes available.
School Age Registration for the 2020-2021 school year will continue as planned and begins Monday, May 4 for Y Members.
- How can I rejoin when this crisis has passed? You can join online at ymcafoxcities.org. Please reach out to email@example.com with questions. Anyone who cancelled their Y membership due to Covid19 will be exempt from paying a joining fee through September 1, 2020. If you join online, you will be prompted to pay the joiner fee. That fee will be refunded by reaching out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Day Passes and Guest passes. Until further notice Day Passes are not being sold and Guest Passes may not be used.
- What new cleaning/sanitizing protocols have been implemented? Safety and cleanliness are very important at the Y. We have invested in new products to clean equipment. Staff have been trained on the protocols and expectations. We are working closely with our cleaning service to focus on high traffic/use areas and will continue with our nightly deep cleaning. We will have additional staff working to assist in cleaning equipment and high touch areas during our operating hours.
- When is the Y Open? During Phase 1, the Y will be open 6:00 AM-7:00 PM Monday through Friday, Saturday 8:00 AM-2:00 PM and Sundays we are closed.
- When will the Y go back to their regular hours and services? The answer to this question is truly unknown. Increasing hours, staff and services will be added as use of the Y increases and resources as well as the situation allow.
- How do I know if a credit is on my account? Credit requests made by members due to cancellation/closure have been placed on accounts for future use towards programs and services. Staff can view credits in Daxko and members can view credits on their on-line accounts.
- Is there space for my children to use the Y on their own? During phase one children under the age of 13 will not be allowed at the Y without a parent. Physical distancing guidelines and Department of Children and Families requirements for the Y School Age Summer Care programs, leave no current options to provide space for children under 13. In future phases the restrictions will gradually allow us to share spaces with programs. We do apologize for the inconvenience this causes.
- Why is there no towel/laundry service? The Y has suspended shower towel service, kit locker laundry service and coffee service indefinitely due to the significant contagiousness of COVID-19. We appreciate your understanding.
- Reserving Lap lanes, track time and family swim time. Reserving Lap Lanes, track, and family swim can be done within 24 hours of the desired time. Reservations can be done using the schedule tab on the Y website or by clicking HERE.
ESSENTIAL WORKER CHILDCARE OPTIONS
The YMCA of the Fox Cities is offering child care for ages infant through age 12 to essential workers. We have openings at several sites throughout the Fox Cities. To arrange care for your children please call 920.702.2315 or email email@example.com.