ESSENTIAL WORKER CHILDCARE OPTIONS
The YMCA of the Fox Cities is offering child care for ages infant through age 12 to essential workers. We have openings at several sites throughout the Fox Cities. To arrange care for your children please call 920.702.2315 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
UPDATE APRIL 1, 2020
Due to the Safer At Home order, the YMCA of the Fox Cities’ Spring 2020 registration and program sessions have been cancelled. Check back as more information will be available soon.
UPDATE MARCH 26, 2020
I understand the Y will continue to draft my membership during the closure. Please tell me, how are those funds being used?
We are very thankful for the support of our members who are continuing their membership during the closure. Supporting the Y by maintaining your membership will allow us to:
- Operate programs for special community needs, such as providing childcare for the children of families who are working in the front-line efforts to contain COVID-19.
- Support our staff with creative work options while normal operations are suspended, such as engaging and communicating with our Active Older Adult members.
- Maintain and deep clean our buildings in preparation for reopening.
Can I place my membership on hold?
We are happy to place your membership on a 30-day hold at no charge upon request (we are waiving our normal $10/month hold fee during this unprecedented time). To put your membership on hold, call or email the membership department at your branch:
- Apple Creek YMCA – Allison McGinnis | 920.702.2303 | email@example.com
- Appleton YMCA – Char Schaible | 920.954.7623 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fox West YMCA – Maureen Hatchell | 920.560.3405 | email@example.com
- Heart of the Valley YMCA – Melanie Fillyaw | 920.830.5704 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Neenah-Menasha YMCA – Amy Carpenter | 920.886.2156 | email@example.com
Is childcare available for my kids?
If you are enrolled in the Y’s Early Childhood Learning Centers (Appleton YMCA, YMCA Child Learning Center or Neenah-Menasha YMCA), our Centers will remain open during regular hours and your child will continue to receive care by our trusted teachers. However, Four-year-old Kindergarten Wrap Around Care at Heart of the Valley and Fox West YMCA will be cancelled in accordance with school closures.
The YMCA of the Fox Cities is offering child care for ages infant through age 12 to essential workers.
Will I get a refund or credit for the programs I am enrolled in?
Each program/activity participant will receive an email with specific information regarding their registration. We ask for your patience while we work to contact all enrolled participants.
How can I remain active during this closure?
Our buildings are closed but we are still here for you! We continue to focus on our members by securing online fitness relationships and recording fitness workouts and seminars for our members to use from home. Visit our website, ymcafoxcities.org/fitness-demand for more information.
How long will the Y be closed?
Based on guidance from the Wisconsin Department of Health Services, Centers for Disease Control and Governor Evers Safer at Home order, we are currently closed until further notice. We will communicate any extended or shortened closures as soon as those decisions are being made.
When will we know more?
We will be providing frequent updates to our operations as decisions are made and/or changed. Please continue to check our website for the most up-to-date information.
How was the decision to close made?
This decision was made after many days of deliberation with the YMCA of the Fox Cities’ Leadership Team, and after consulting with the Wisconsin/Upper Michigan Alliance of YMCAs. We know that the Y is a community hub where youth and families gather. With this in mind, we felt it necessary to align our decision with the school districts and in accordance with the recommendation from our state leaders.
Are there any cleaning precautions taking place during the closure?
While our facilities are closed our staff teams will be cleaning and sanitizing all spaces, equipment, surfaces and common areas.
What are your business hours during the closure?
We're always happy to serve any of your needs online via email. In the event you would like to speak to a staff member, all branches will have staff available Monday-Friday from 8:00 AM-4:00 PM.
How will the Y be handling membership charges for March 2020?
The Y will be providing a March pro-rated refund for membership upon request. Memberships paid annually, semi-annually and quarterly will be receiving a membership extension by request only. Note: your monthly membership fees pay for the month you are drafted regardless of whether you draft on the 1st or 15th of the month.
How do the new childcare guidelines, issued March 18 by Govenor Evers affect the Y?
A document with FAQs on DCF Guidance Order #4 can be found HERE.
UPDATE MARCH 17, 2020
In light of the uncertainty created by the increased impact of the coronavirus and the need to provide essential services for the most vulnerable in our community, we are confronted with a moment of truth. How best can our YMCA serve the community and support efforts to keep our community healthy and safe?
For over 132 years, we have been an organization that walked in the direction of a challenge. Today we must focus our resources on those who need us most during this unprecedented time.
In the near term, we are pivoting our resources to best support the most pressing needs in our community. We are aligning with our community partners to serve parents who must work, including health care workers, first responders and “essential” employees protecting our community. These families need safe and reliable places for their children, and we will be there for them.
In the interest of promoting safe public health practices from the CDC and our local Health Departments, the YMCA of the Fox Cities is taking action to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and maintain a healthy community. Based on the recommendation of Governor Evers and the Department of Children and Family Services, we will continue offering child care services to working families and emergency personnel during this critical time.
- Effective March 17, 2020, ALL YMCA of the Fox Cities branches will be closed to our members and program participants. These closures are preventative in nature, we have not had a confirmed case or exposure in our Y facilities at this time. We plan to restore full operations in concert with our respective school re-openings.
- All programs and services have been canceled at all Y locations. Each program/activity participant will receive an email with specific information regarding their registration.
- If you are enrolled in the Y’s Early Childhood Learning Centers, our Centers will remain open during regular hours and your child will continue to receive care by our trusted teachers.
- Four-year-old Kindergarten Wrap Around Care at Heart of the Valley and Fox West YMCA will be canceled due to school closures.
- We are excited to be able to provide a limited catalog of online classes from Y360, a new on-demand healthy living network. In addition, we are working on additional access to other streaming fitness networks. Please check back often to see what’s new!
As you can see through these various programs and services, our Y is committed to be there for those who need us most. We ask that you join us in this effort, by investing in your membership so that we can maintain vital life-changing programs at the Y. We know your membership is meaningful to you and that meaning lies in the relationships you have built at the Y. Those relationships are based upon how much you care about our community and want everyone to have the opportunity to thrive – no matter what our world is facing.
We hope that you will join us in our efforts to serve those in our community who need us most. Thank you for your support as we work diligently to ensure the health and safety of our community.
We are monitoring this situation daily and will provide any updated communications for our members, parents and staff through email, and on our social media platforms.