YOUR Y AT HOME: YOUTH & FAMILY ACTIVITIES
Our buildings are closed but we are still here for you! We're searching the web to bring you the very best family-friendly activities, resources and videos to keep you busy and active! We’ll update this page often with new ideas and resources, so please check back!
TAKE A VIRTUAL FIELD TRIP: Experiences and learn about places you may never have the chance to visit when you go on a field trip without ever leaving your home. Visit one of the links below to "plan" your trip.
- Discovery Education
- We are Teachers
- NASA at Home - Let NASA bring the universe into your home with activities and discoveries for kids & families, virtual tours, videos and so much more!
STORYTIME: Reading aloud to children has so many benefits. While you are working to balance this "new normal," let your favorite celebrity bring books alive for your child(ren), or help them select new and interesting books from the local library.
- Join Kathryn Bracho Tuesdays & Thursdays at 10:00 AM (CLICK HERE)
- Storyline Online
- Libary Books - Winnefox Library System serves libraries in Fond du Lac, Green Lake, Marquette, Waushara and Winnebago counties, and offers both online books and audiobooks
FAMILY-FRIENDLY WEBSITES FOR LEARNING: While monitoring screen time is important, there is a need for families to be flexible while they staying safe at home. These websites help your children learn while having fun!
- PBS Kids - videos, games and activities for children ages 2-8
- Starfall - literacy and math games for grades K-3
- Cool Math - math games for ages 3+
- Time for Kids - Grades K-6 - Information just for kids that explains the world around them
- 12Bursts - The 12Bursts program encourages your children to achieve 60-minutes of daily recommended physical activity through 12 activity “bursts” of five minutes each. Stack your bursts or mix or match in whatever way best fits your schedule to complete each day’s Daily Dozen challenge. 12Bursts can be completed as individuals or as a family.
- Jr. NBA at Home - an interactive content series providing basketball skills and drills featuring NBA and WNBA players that can be completed individually and in limited space to help young players around the world stay active and develop their game in a safe and healthy way.
DAILY TIP SHEETS: If you are running out of ideas to keep the family active, engaged and entertained, check out our Daily Tip Sheets. We week provides 7 days of activities/topics that include:
- Family Huddles with games and activities that can be completed together
- Healthy Spirit, Mind and Body Activities with active challenges, mindful minutes, and more
- A More Activity, More Fun Section that includes bonus activities, challenges and family fun
- Homework Helpers with academic resources for caregivers and students
> WEEK 1
> WEEK 2
> WEEK 3
> WEEK 4