To create a safe, drug-free environment during non-school hours that supports student achievement, healthy lifestyles and developmental assets through an integrated network of community-wide partners that is responsive to the diverse needs of the school community.
AASD Extended Day Learning Program Goals
- Improve a student's academic achievement
- Provide a safe, drug-free environment for students who need after-school supervision
- Promote involvement in academic, recreational, cultural, health and social programs
- Increase access to technology
Students who attend the AASD Extended Day Learning Program have the opportunity to participate in a variety of programs that impact academic achievement; help develop new skills and interests; increase awareness and understanding of different cultures; and increase physical fitness, self-esteem, and leadership skills.
- Academics: Tutoring, daily homework, assistance, book clubs, reading programs and incentives
- Enrichment: Dance, field trips, cooking classes, career exploration, health & wellness activities
- Technology: Computer games, pen pal exchanges, educational programs, computer and internet classes
- Recreation: Outdoor play, board games, sports and games
- Culture: Music, drama, dance, arts and crafts
- Community Service
- Before School
- After School
- 3:16-3:30 PM Arrival/sign-in/snack
- 3:30-4:30 PM Homework time and tutoring
- 4:30-6:00 PM Clubs and enrichment activities
Reduced rates available for those of low-income.
Early release and full day off care is available at limited Y site locations for an additional fee/registration which are offered on a month to month basis.
REGISTER NOW FOR 2022-23