All Campers Welcome
YMCA of the Fox Cities is a welcoming and inclusive organization. All campers are invited to make a lifetime of memories at YMCA Camp Nan A Bo Sho.
Each camp session description provides an idea of the activities included at camp; however; camper input helps determine what activities actually happen. When campers help make program decisions, they are trying new things, developing team building and cooperation skills.
Confirmation information is sent electronically, so it is crucial to provide us with a valid email address. Confirmation packets can be found here.
Payment & Refunds
All camp programs require a $100 deposit that must be paid at the time of registration. Remaining balances are due two weeks prior to the first day of camp. Deposits are non-refundable.
A full refund, minus the $100 deposit, will be granted if a cancellation is requested at least two weeks prior to the first day of the camp session. No refund will be granted for any cancellations within two weeks of the first day of the camp session. All camp fees paid may be transferred to another 2021 Camp Nan A Bo Sho session at anytime.
Cost should never be a barrier to a camper attending camp. Financial assistance is available through the YMCA of the Fox Cities’ Annual Campaign. Financial assistance requests can be submitted using our online form. For more information, please contact the Camp Office 920.733.9622 or EMAIL.
YMCA Camp Nan A Bo Sho understands that families have differing means to pay for their child(ren)’s camp experiences and therefore offers a voluntary three range pricing structure to accommodate all financial needs. This voluntary pricing structure does not influence the quality of your child(ren)’s camp experience. ALL CAMPERS RECEIVE THE SAME CAMP EXPERIENCE. Please consider selecting the highest range your family can afford.
- Range 1: Most accurately reflects the true cost of YMCA Camp Nan A Bo Sho including wear and tear and depreciation.
- Range 2: A partially subsidized rate.
- Range 3: Our historically standard rate, which does not represent the true cost of camp. This rate is subsidized through fundraising done by YMCA Staff and Volunteers, special events, and sustaining contributions.
Recruit a friend (non-sibling) who has not previously attended YMCA Camp Nan A Bo Sho and receive a $25 discount; OR Register for two or more camp sessions and receive a $25 discount on all sessions after the first session.
Bus transportation is available for most programs to and from the Apple Creek YMCA. Children may choose to ride the bus both ways, one way, or not at all. Bus fees are $28 each way and are non-refundable.
Arrival & Departure
If riding the bus: Please arrive at the Apple Creek YMCA at 11:30 AM for a 12:00 PM departure to camp on Sundays. The bus will return to the Apple Creek YMCA @ 3:00 PM on Fridays.
If driving your child to camp please arrive between 2:00-2:30 PM on Sunday. If picking up your child directly from camp please arrive between 1:00-1:30 PM on Friday.
- Short N’Sweet: Please arrive at the Apple Creek YMCA at 11:30 AM for a 12:00 PM departure on Sundays.
- The bus will return to the Apple Creek YMCA between 11:30 AM - 12:00 PM on Tuesdays.
- If picking up your child at camp in Lakewood on Tuesday, please arrive at 10:00 AM.
- Camp Sampler: Please arrive at the Apple Creek YMCA at 12:45 PM for a 1:00 PM departure to camp on Tuesdays.
- Campers will ride the normal bus route home on Fridays, arriving at 3:00 PM.
- If picking up your child at camp in Lakewood: Please do so between 1:00-1:30 PM.
- End of Summer Bash: Campers riding the bus to camp arrive at the Apple Creek YMCA at 11:30 AM and depart at 12:00 PM on Sunday. The bus will return to the Apple Creek YMCA at 3:00 PM on Wednesday.
- If driving your child to camp please arrive between 2:00-2:30 PM on Sunday. If picking up your child directly from camp please arrive between 1:00-1:30 PM.
Health & Safety
Careful supervision is the number one priority of YMCA Camp Nan A Bo Sho. A qualified medical staff member is on duty to treat minor injuries and illnesses. A clinic and hospital are nearby and available for emergencies. All campers are required to have a completed online health history form on file to attend camp. Campers attending a wilderness trip program must also have a physical with a signed physical form from a doctor. Campers must provide their own health and accident insurance. Please visit campnanabosho.org/health-safety for up to date information regarding COVID-19 precautions for campers and staff.
Our camp culture starts with well trained, loving, enthusiastic and dedicated staff. Camp staff are selected on the basis of their values and proven abilities in working with youth. All staff participate in an extensive training program prior to the camp season.
Due to the ongoing uncertainty and constant changing of regulations regarding public gatherings and group sizes, all planned off-site field trips are subject to change at any time. Campers will still participate in a field trip, but it may be different that what is listed in the program description.
Goals of Camp Nan A Bo Sho
In all aspects of camp, we strive for the following goals with our campers:
- Be safe
- Develop new friendships
- Be physically active while having fun
- Gain independence
- Gain appreciation for our natural environment
To put Christian principles into practice by promoting youth, adult and family activities that build a healthy spirit, mind, and body for all.
American Camp Association
YMCA Camp Nan A Bo Sho is fully accredited by the American Camp Association. The ACA logo is your assurance that our camp is operated and committed to the highest standards established for the camp industry. Accredited camps are willing to have their operations scrutinized and reviewed by camp professionals who know and value quality camps.