BRIDGING THE GAP BETWEEN PHYSICAL THERAPY AND THE LIFESTYLE YOU WANT
An injury can have a dramatic effect on your quality of life. The post-rehab program provides a continuation of healing beyond physical therapy for individuals recovering from musculoskeletal injuries, allowing them to return to the activities and lifestyle they want in a safe, healthy manner. Our certified personal trainers will work with your physical therapist to relay the history of your injury or surgery and physical therapy as well as ensure appropriate exercise progression.
The Post-Rehab Program is a great alternative for:
- Anyone who has completed formal therapy and wants to take their progress to a higher level.
- Patients with high co-pays or those who have exhausted the PT or OT benefits, but still require rehab.
- Athletes recovering from an injury, who are looking to safely return to their sport.
- Injured workers needing to return to physically demanding jobs.
- Getting full access to all YMCA of the Fox Cities locations, including training areas and equipment, pools, gyms and group exercise classes.
OUR PERSONAL TRAINERS
Our certified personal trainers have additional professional experience as Licensed Physical Therapists, Physical Therapy Assistants, Athletic Trainers and many other specialties. We work to match you with a personal trainer that will provide expert care and provide the individualized attention you need.
The Y's Post-Rehab program is offered as either a 1-month or 2-month program to best meet your needs. Each program will address movement quality and recommendations from your Physical Therapist. Sessions will focus on improving flexibility & range of motion, building core strength for balance and control, full body strengthening and cardiovascular fitness. Sessions include a warm-up, land or water program and cool down/stretch.
Program fees include either a 4-week program consisting of 6 visits with a certified personal trainer, or an 8-week program consisting of 12 visits with a personal trainer. Two 45-minute sessions per week during the first 2 or 4 weeks. One 45-minute session per week for the remainder of the program. Sessions include warm-up, land or water program and cool down/stretch.
*For payment plan options, please contact a Wellness Director or Coordinator at your preferred branch.